Thursday, June 23, 2016

Regina Shen: Vigilance by Lance Erlick

Title: Vigilance
Author: Lance Erlick
Series: Regina Shen #2

Source: For review

MY RATING: 5 STARS!!!!

Abrupt climate change melted ice caps and flooded coasts. Outcast Regina Shen has unique DNA that the World Federation believes can prevent human extinction. Not trusting them, Regina jumps the barrier wall into the Federation to hunt for her sister, kidnapped two years earlier. She reaches the well-guarded university near where they’re holding her sister. Two rival inspectors close in on her. With time running out, can she escape campus and rescue her sister from an obvious trap?

~ MY THOUGHTS! ~


So, I loved this book! I think this is quickly becoming one of my favorite series of the year. It's so much fun, and it packs a punch. 

This book talks place a few years after the last one ended. I loved that this book was unpredictable. I have become weary of dystopian books because of the almost formulaic setup of most of them. But this series has proven to be unlike the rest. And, I would like to add, that this book didn't suffer from sophomore book syndrome. It was just as engaging and fast paced as the first one. I didn't feel as if this one was filler in the least. 

I loved the character development Regina underwent in this book. And I can see that she will continue to grow as a character throughout the series. I love the setup the author has given her for the future books, and hasn't let her growth be set aside for plot and shock value! Kudos to you Mr. Erlick for giving us a well rounded character that doesn't fall flat! :) I also liked the introduction of new characters, and look forward to seeing how they flesh out in the later books. I love when more characters are introduced in addition to the ones we already know and love and not just to replace them. It makes the world and series more full. 

I can't wait to get to the next one because the ending of this book was, just WOW! I highly recommend this series! 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for participating in the tour. Glad you liked the book and series. Thanks for reviewing.

    ReplyDelete