Tuesday, August 9, 2016

#ReadThemAllThon TBR


This read-a-thon has me so excited! Ever since I saw it on April's channel, I have been looking up TBRs, and have been trying to come up with mine. I love the idea and concept behind this read-a-thon, and the fact that it's 3 weeks is a huge added bonus. Week long read-a-thons are great, but unless you have the entire week off, it gets a bit stressful. At least for me. I think this one will be fun and relaxed, at the same time centered around a cool concept.

This read-a-thon goes from August 14th- September 4th, and has 8 badges to complete. You also get to pick a Pokemon, and for every book you read, the # of pages completed, and posting reviews and on social media sites, you power up your Pokemon. At the end of the three weeks, whoever has the highest CP Pokemon wins.

You can find out more information, as well as sign up for the read-a-thon yourself at the creator, Read at Midnight's blog.

This is my TBR for the challenges.  I am for sure going to read these books, but more might be added as the read-a-thon progresses. Originally I had wanted to do 16 books, 2 for each challenge, but decided I didn't want to over stress myself out for the read-a-thon.

This is the Pokemon I chose, and plan to update the stats as I progress through the read-a-thon. I plan on making update posts as well.


Trainer: Kari
Blog: Bookishly Devoted
Type: Fire
Evolution: 3 Stages
Evolves @ 150 CP and 400 CP







CHARMANDER
                CP 12


I have been wanting to read this book since it was released. I finally picked it up a few months ago, so figured I would tackle it for this challenge. The premise sounds really engaging, so I am hoping it will be a quick read. 


Zodiac by Romina Russell


439 Pages

43 CP 
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing


Potential 83 CP for this book :)










It's hard to predict what books will make me cry, but I am betting that this one will do the trick. It's about a boy whose father was killed in 9/11. I will have the tissues ready when I read this one. It is a movie also, with Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks, which I didn't know, so that is another reason I wanted to get this read.



Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer

326 Pages

32 CP
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing


Potential 72 CP for this book :)










I had a whole long explanation as to why I had chosen two books, but it made the post SO LONG. So basically I chose these two books because I had heard a lot of things about each one in a sort of different type of "thunderous hype." One is literally EVERYWHERE and the other book I chose I have just recently started to see/hear about a lot recently, so it's hyped to me in what I've been reading/watching/listening to. :)


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare



485 Pages


48 CP
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing


Potential 82 CP for this book :)  







The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin



468 Pages

46 CP
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing

Potential 86 CP for this book :)










Again, had a LONG explanation as to why I had to choose two books for this badge. One book I've been dying to read since it was released (the first one) and the other was a recent acquisition to fill a void left by another book I read. I just needed anther RomCom in the same vain as Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda. :)  


Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat

289 Pages

28 CP
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing

Potential 68 CP for this book












One Man Guy by Michael Barakiva

255 Pages


25 CP
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing


Potential 55 CP for this book








Don't know what constitutes as "epic" but I know this book has a romance in it...and it spans like 5 books, so I'm sure there is something epic about it. Plus, I've been needing to read this book for a while now, and now is the time. It's got aliens in it, so I'm there!



Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

335 Pages


33 CP
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing

Potential 53 CP for this book :)









I was torn between choosing a smaller book that I knew I could finish, or picking one I have been really wanting to read that was on the longer side. And since we are reading for CP in this read-a-thon, I chose the book I have been wanting to read because I think that with the motivation of wanting to read it, and the read-a-thon atmosphere, I can push through the massive tome.



Wizard's First Rule by Terry Goodkind


836 Pages


83 CP
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing

 Potential 123 CP for this book! :)









This badge was easy, because I only had two books with completely red covers, and I just read one of them. So that left me with one choice. Which I don't mind because it's been one that I have wanted to pick up for ages. :)


The Girl in 6E by A.R. Torre


352 Pages


35 CP
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing

Potential 75 CP for this book









I get dystopian and post-apocalyptic books confused, so this might not "technically" count, but it was the one I want to read the most....and that's what this is all about right? :)


Article 5 by Kristen Simmons

380 Pages


38 CP
20 CP for completing
20 CP for reviewing


Potential 78 CP for this book








So...there it is. An extremely LONG post, but I did it! I have chosen the books I want to read to fit the badges guidelines! :) These might change, as I'm a heavy mood reader, and what I want to read now will change by tomorrow morning. I am excited for all the books I have chosen, so I am going to do my best to get to these...but I have A LOT of books that I want to get to...so who knows. :) I'm extremely excited for this read-a-thon and can't wait to talk to everybody about the books that they are reading and get ideas for books to add to my TBR.

1 comment:

  1. Great TBR! Just so you know if you're planning to read 2 books for each badge, you only get the +20CP completion bonus for the first 8 books that complete the badge (the bonus is for completing the badge, not finishing a book). After that, you're earned CP is only based on the # of pages completed.

    ReplyDelete